This tutorial will show you how to setup a New Email Address.
In this example, we are creating an email address named firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Click on the Accounts icon
Step 2: Click on the Create Mail Account button
Step 3: Fill out the Mail Account Properties page:
1) E-mail Address: type the first part of the email address you want to create (the part that comes before the @ symbol)
2) Select your domain name from the drop down menu
3) Password: type a secure password
4) Confirm Password: Type the same password again
Secure Password Requirements: Must contain at least 8 characters, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special character or symbol. Must not contain any part of your email address, name, domain, business name. Instead of using words that can be found in a dictionary, we recommend replacing some letters with symbols or numbers, for example: P@s$w0rd vs. Password. Complex passwords provide a higher level of security. We also recommend changing your password at least once per year, or more frequently for added protection.
Step 4: (Optional) Enter your first and last name.
This will be the displayed on all outgoing messages (what recipients see).
Step 5: If these fields are left blank, only your email address will be shown on outgoing messages.
Step 6: If you would like to include a title or credentials, type it into the Last Name box.
Step 7: If the email address is a general office address, type the business name or anything else that you want to associate with the address into the First Name box.
Step 8: Other Optional Settings:
- You can skip the Autoresponder and/or Mail Forwarding options.
- See our tutorial for more information on how to Create an Autoresponder
- See our tutorial for more information on setting up a Temporarily forward email to another user
Step 9: Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Step 10: You will see your new email address as a blue link on the Mail Accounts page.
- To change the password, edit display name or delete the account, simply click on the blue address link to access its settings.
- Do not click the check-box to select the address - just click the address itself.
See our tutorial for how to Change a user's email account password
See our tutorial for how to Delete an email account