Microsoft Outlook is a popular mail client option that we support.
"Mail Clients" such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Apple Mail are completely optional applications that some people use in addition to our Webmail System. You do not need a mail client to access your email, use your security features, or to be HIPAA compliant. In fact, most of our users prefer to take advantage of our richly featured Webmail Interface instead. However, we want you to have the best possible experience when using our services, so we support adding your address to Microsoft Outlook and managing it from there.
Check out our other tutorials for help adding your address to Outlook.
Some users find that mail clients are useful tools for managing their email address(es).
They offer some advanced functionality that any webmail service, in general, would not:
- Keeping multiple addresses logged in at one time
- Cross referencing multiple email addresses, from multiple services, from the same application
- Integration with other third-party softwares, calendaring systems, or services
- Offline backup and migration capabilities via import/export tools and copy/move tools
There are also potential downsides to relying on a third-party mail client.
Your experience can vary greatly depending on the product and version you want to use:
- Most mail clients cost money and need to be updated, like any downloaded software or app, regularly.
- Leaving an account logged in 24/7 technically increases your security risk if you do no protect the office environment/machine
- Constant syncing to an application uses bandwidth, which can be an issue for overtaxed or weak internet connections
- Third party applications may call for third-party support. If Outlook breaks, you may have to contact Microsoft for assistance.
Please note that we only support the 2013 and 2016 versions of Outlook.
Older versions put you at risk, are more susceptible to data loss or glitches, and are more likely to be retired by the developer.
You Can Purchase and Download Outlook 2016 Application Software From Microsoft.